Day Two--Mike is carrying the last bit of fence to the big pile to be carried off to the dump.
It's Thursday again! I so look forward to Thursday's. I'm amazed to see how in just one day there are so many things I am thankful for. I will just share a few that have stood out to me today. I have to back up to last Thursday to explain some things. Last week, we had a local company come out and measure and talk with us about putting in a new fence around our yard. We had a fence, I should say fences. We had chain link, 6 foot wood fence and a cute-starting to mold-white picket fence. We decided that we would take everything down except for the chain link--which is actually our neighbors. Last Thursday after the funeral of Mike's Grandfather, Mike and his Uncle were talking and they came up with a new plan. The new plan is to put the fence in ourselves. Well, here we are 7 days later and boy have we (well, I should say Mike) been BUSY this week! I have been taking pictures each day to show the progress we are making. Only the pictures tonight don't show any progress, just playing around. Mike's friend, Pat, came over to help and brought his dog, who is a lab/pit bull mix. Kingsley and Cooper had lots of fun together. Pat is coming back tomorrow and Saturday to help with the fence. I don't know if Kingsley is coming, but he is welcome to come. :-) With the decision to do the fence ourselves, we have enough money to get all our trees "beautified" and one even needs to be cut down. Just with the old fences down, our yard looks much different. It's hard to imagine what it will look like next week.
Day Three-Pat came over to help Mike and brough a play mate for Cooper, Kingsley.
Thursday's are also my weekly update on my Weight Loss. Good News, one more pound gone! That is a grand total of 9.2 pounds in 5 weeks. Now, how many more pounds do I have to lose? I'M NOT COUNTING(or telling)! I'm working at it one week at a time.
The verse I want to share with you today is Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The Lord showed me this verse today. I was so excited about it that I am even using it at my memory verse next week with my class. (It even goes along with our lesson.) God works in mysterious ways.) This may be a busy time for you, just as it is me, so I was reminded today to be still and KNOW that he is still God today and tomorrow and forever.
What are you thankful for today?



No comments:
Post a Comment