Friday, May 22, 2009

Show Us Your Dining Room--Friday!



I was excited when it Kelly announced that this week was Dining Rooms! I don't have a formal Dining Room, so I'm posting about our kitchen table and hutch. These were passed down from my Dad's family. I remember going to my Great-Aunt's house when I was little and sitting at the table that is now in my "Dining Area". I couldn't tell you how old the table, chairs and hutch are, but OLD! One fascinating note, is that I also have a napkin holder that matches them. I love changing our table decor for the holidays. This is what my table looks like for Memorial Day. I have two different red, white and blue sets that I change for Patriotic Holidays. The hutch stores all our Christmas china (Yuletide Holiday by Fitz and Floyd) as well as hand painted china from my Great-Aunt. I want to display my Aunt's work around my house, but I'm too afraid that it will get broken, so it stays in the hutch.


My favorite part of my table is the napkins and the napkin rings.

Here you can see just a few of the handpainted china. (Yes, everything in this picture was handpainted!)


*********************************************************

Yesterday was Thankful Thursday and I was busy with school. Next week is the last week of school and I have so many projects and last minute things to do---So, my BED is what I was thankful for yesterday. My bed is very special to me. My parents gave us the bedroom set a few months after we had been married. It used to be there's and they brought it to us one piece at a time. Another reason it is special to me is I remember praying at the foot of the bed on my knees for Jesus to come into my heart when I was seven years old. I am reminded of that almost every time I sit near that corner of the bed. I also remember sleeping in that bed(different mattress, of course) when I was little. When I would get scared my mom and dad would let us sleep between them. Last night I couldn't wait to get into the bed. I'm so thankful that the Lord provided a bed with so many comfort thoughts and precious memories. The verse for the week I Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing."

Weight Watchers update for Week 8: I lost 2 pounds yesterday and that is a grand total of 11.8 pounds! I hope I do well this week: Memorial Day and my birthday!

2 comments:

  1. It's so funny that you posted a comment on my blog. I was reading your blog the other and then I stumbled across it again on Kelly's blog. Small world. Sorry, I'm not a DC and lime fan. I just like it straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have the same place mats..

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com